About & Mission Statement
CCI South Alberta's Mission Statement
“To lead condominium owners and industry members through education and advocacy with integrity and professionalism.”
Who We Are
The Canadian Condominium Institute is the Voice of Condominium in Canada. Formed in 1982, CCI remains the only national condominium focused association. We have four major objectives:
A. To Educate
- Through educational programs designed to inform its owners about condominium life
- To equip directors with the skills necessary to conduct the affairs of a corporation
- To qualify managers to better administer the operations of condominium
B. To Develop Standards
- The Canadian Condominium Institute has developed standards in the areas of Law, Accounting, Property Management, Insurance and Real Estate. Through education and examination, the institute extends professional associate status upon those of its members who attain the required standards
C. To Offer Referral Resources
- Referral resources are made available to Members seeking professional services and information
D. To Improve Legislation
- The Canadian Condominium Institute represents condo owners/director issues at the government level when required
CCI operates primarily through Chapters across the country. The National membership meets once each fall for the Annual General Meeting, held in Toronto. Day to day business at the National level is conducted through the National Board, its Executive, and various standing and ad hoc committees.
We are proud to be an independent, non-profit organization dealing exclusively with condominium issues.
About CCI South Alberta
The Canadian Condominium Institute is the Voice of Condominium in Canada. It is a national, independent, non-profit organization dealing exclusively with condominium issues. Formed in 1982, CCI represents all participants in the condominium community. Interested groups are encouraged to work together toward one common goal -- creating a successful and viable condominium community.
CCI South Alberta's Mission Statement is “To lead condominium owners and industry members through education and advocacy with integrity and professionalism.”
CCI... Working for You
Working on behalf of the condominium industry and its residents, CCI's objectives are:
- To Educate...through educational courses, seminars and networking all designed to equip condominium directors, homeowners and suppliers with the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct the affairs of a condominium corporation in a proper and diligent manner.
- To Offer Professional Assistance...members may request referrals to appropriate professionals and services.
- To Improve Legislation Affecting Condominiums...CCI's Provincial Legislative Committees are constantly working with provincial governments in order that they produce legislation that reflects the improvements required to properly protect directors and condominium homeowners.
- To Development Standards...CCI has developed standards of competence in six key areas pertaining to condominium life. These spheres cover law, accounting, property management, insurance, real estate and building sciences.